Riverside California in the House!

New here? Need help? Don't know where to post? Post here.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

southboundsuarez
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Riverside California in the House!

Post by southboundsuarez » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:56 pm

Brand new member from Riverside, California.
Riverside is in the Inland Empire region of Southern California about 60 miles SE of LA....
Just joined this forum! I am hopeful that I find myself a regular participant and part of this Forum.
I enjoy tinkering with and collecting a variety of amplifiers. I regularly service my own amps and often perform rudimentary service for others. My own amps include a vintage (seems odd the 1970's are considered vintage) but extensively "modded by Demeter" Marshall 2203 Superlead. Another very clean "vintage" L.o.L. metalfaced SuperLead model #1959 that is circa mid '73 (one of the first circuit board amps to be export to USA... I have owned numerious BF Fenders such as Twins, my fave being the BF Deluxe Reverbs. My pride and joy of course is the Vintage Tweed that started it all,,, I have an all original and authentic 5F6a Fender Bassman produced in early quarter of 1959 by Leo....
I have numerous unfinished projects and homebrewed tone experimental amplifiers. I really enjoy simple single ended designs and have numerous Champ scratch built "Ugly" amplifiers including somewhat esoteric choices of output tube... think 8417, 6mj6, 807's ect...
A shrewed tube enthusiast may notice that many of these single ended amps and the choice of output follow a theme in the fact that they are built around tubes that many a amatuer radio operator of days gone by would have used.... that is because Ham Radio runs in my blood and gene pool.
While I have a preference for modern LDMOS technology for RF amplification and homegrown QRO,,,, I do keep a homebrewed cx3000a7 amplifier in the corner of the shack with enough weight in the power supply dept to make the tube perform at its full potential..... lets say it loafs at full legal with 5x-10x more headroom on tap!
TUBES do RULE!
Thanks for letting me intoduce myself. Thanks for bringing about this Forum.
SBS

neikeel

Re: Riverside California in the House!

Post by neikeel » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:49 am

Welcome, hope you find it a helpful friendly place.

There are some very experienced people here.
Neil

danman
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Riverside California in the House!

Post by danman » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:31 pm

Welcome to the forum @southboundsuarez!! It's been a little quiet here since the holidays but hopefully the traffic will pick up again in the new year. :shred: