Fuse for Bogen Challenger CHB 50

New here? Need help? Don't know where to post? Post here.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

hankbuck
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Fuse for Bogen Challenger CHB 50

Post by hankbuck » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:41 am

Hi
Thanks so much for being here. I am a seller on ebay and I love the old amps. I like selling items with character and those that people desire. but am a dope with tech aand electronics. That being said I have been searching for an answer to a question about a fuse i blew.
I picked up a Bogen/LSI Challenger CHB 50 but upon plugging it in after about 10 seconds it went dark. The fuse blew. So I went around the back and saw its a 3AG 2A 125V stamped on the fuse top which I think may be all I need. Additionally a schematic I got on line from an Guitar amp forum said its a 2A slo blo. Trying to find them is difficult and most I find are 250V. Does that make a difference? Should a 250V have been in there instead of a 125V. I mean it is a household current deal. I did find this in 125V -2 AMP 3AG/MDL SLO-BLOW FUSE-. Of course I realize that a fuse blowing is to protect the unit against more expensive damage. I just wanted to try it again and if it does it again then I list it as such. I just want to know if the fuse that was in there was correct and if so what I should be looking for to retest it. Much thanks for any help i can get.
hankbuck