Have to pass on NY amp show this year

Replica amps built by George Metropoulos himself. Visit PlexiReplicas.com.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Have to pass on NY amp show this year

Post by VelvetGeorge » Tue May 04, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm really disappointed to announce that we will have to pass on the NY amp show this year. We are still struggling financially and can't justify the expense. Dave, myself and the crew here have our work cut out for us getting through the tough phase we're in with Metroamp right now. We're watching every dollar and running very, very lean on inventory.

Our time and energy will be best spent in the shop for the next few months. We're looking at each product in our store and deciding which ones are cost effective to offer vs which ones end up costing us in the long run.
You may see some changes soon, and some products removed form the store. I'll try to provide alternate sources for things that we discontinue.

Updates as they develop.

george
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

54strat
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Have to pass on NY amp show this year

Post by 54strat » Tue May 04, 2010 5:18 pm

All the best George. Do what you have to do.
73 Marshall 1987
76 Marshall 1936 cab w/Celestion V-30's
54 Fender Stratocaster hardtail
87 Fender Stratocaster

xlb3x

Post by xlb3x » Tue May 04, 2010 6:37 pm

Hey too bad. I was really looking forward to that chili. Maybe next year. Everyone needs to keep spreading the good Metropoulos name. Maybe we can drum up some business to send Georges way.

SandovalPDV

Post by SandovalPDV » Tue May 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Sorry to hear you won't make it. I am planning on going this year. Too bad I won't be able to meet you guys. :( . But you have to do what you have to do in times like these to stay afloat. I hope you are not planning on getting rid of the MV kits? I'm planning on getting one in a few months.

NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq » Wed May 05, 2010 12:58 pm

Wow! Sorry to hear this, George. Won't be the same without the Metro room(s), especially since you've been a staple at the show for the past few years. I guess, all I can say is 'keep on keepin' on'....hope things pick up for you guys soon.

Vegard

Post by Vegard » Sat May 08, 2010 5:38 am

Sorry to hear this! :(

I will order parts to a 12series kit on Monday! : )
Metroamp builds : 68` 50w (x2), 69` 100w, 68` 100w 12xxx (x3), JTM45/100, JTM50(x2), 2203

timsmcm

Post by timsmcm » Tue May 11, 2010 1:16 pm

George, Dave, Fido, these are major growing pains. Keep your noses to the grindstone. I am trying to do my part spreading the good metro word. The bible according to George. As we know George is god when it comes to our beloved grind tones. Hang tough Men.

syscokid
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by syscokid » Mon May 31, 2010 1:49 am

Sorry and frustrated to hear this, too.

I know the economy has spooked a lot of people from indulging in some "extras", but it's amazing (as far as I know) that the professional music industry hasn't seemed to support you as much as I think they should have by now. Your Replicas are nothing but the best and have received jaw-dropping reviews by magazines and Metro customers, including the amp shows. The Metro Kits are the best, period...at more than reasonable prices. Now I probably don't know all the facts, so excuse me If I appear to be talking out of my ass, but I'm wondering if it's a question of landing a major-celebrity guitarist who won't expect you to do his or her laundry for them.

I'll do what I can. Hang in there!
"When I'm on stage and first plug in, and I feel a rush of air in my balls... That's when I know my guitar is sounding good!" -Leslie West