On a personal note...

Replica amps built by George Metropoulos himself. Visit PlexiReplicas.com.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

On a personal note...

Post by VelvetGeorge » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Things have heated up in my personal life again, with my ex. I have filed a motion in family court to take the kids away from her due to neglect and abuse. I have kept a journal of events going back to 2010 during our divorce trial. And, I document everything I can that might help my kid's in some way. Quite often I record audio or video when we exchange the kids, it seems pretty effective at keeping her behavior under control. Drastic measures, for sure, but I'm dealing with a mentally ill person.

I REFUSE to let this person with borderline personality disorder neglect and abuse my children. I will fight to my last breath to protect them from this and stabilize their lives, as I always have.

As dedicated as I am to this, it is exhausting. Emotionally, spiritually, physically draining. As things are picking up it will demand much more of my time and I may find myself prioritizing family over amp building. Regardless, I will remain dedicated to my business as I have been for over 11 years now.

Since I ended my manufacturing of Friedman and Colby amps it's has been back to just me in the shop most of the time. So things get done more slowly and my productivity is limited. I'm working to find the ideal balance of creativity and productivity. I thought one amp per week was the right ratio, but it might 3 amps per month. I'm still working it out and adjusting.
There is the financial aspect of my business as well, several people depend on me making ends meet. I won't let them down.

Please bear with me through this tough stretch I am entering with the court system, it's going to be a vicious fight.

george
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

axeman
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: On a personal note...

Post by axeman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:56 pm

You have my support,

Good Luck

Miracle Man

Post by Miracle Man » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:57 pm

Family and kids over everything else George! I wish you the best of luck!

Carbia

Post by Carbia » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Never give up George :thumbsup:

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:54 pm

Carbia wrote:Never give up George :thumbsup:
There is no chance of that. As long I live and breathe on this Earth I will fight (figuratively and literally) for what's for those two children.

Thanks for the support. More drama tonight, she sent the kids 40 minutes away to her parents house just before I was supposed to pick them up. The local police couldn't enforce my parenting time. I'll address this in court next Tuesday, along with numerous other issues.

George

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:34 pm

VelvetGeorge wrote:
Carbia wrote:Never give up George :thumbsup:
There is no chance of that. As long I live and breathe on this Earth I will fight (figuratively and literally) for what's for those two children.

Thanks for the support. More drama tonight, she sent the kids 40 minutes away to her parents house just before I was supposed to pick them up. The local police couldn't enforce my parenting time. I'll address this in court next Tuesday, along with numerous other issues.

George
Hope you get it sorted and the children can get back to some normality and stability.
Neil

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:14 pm

Sometimes I regret not having kids. Other times, I read stuff like what George is going through and heave a huge sigh of relief.

Sending some positive mojo so you can hang in there, George.
Scumback Speakers - Kick Ass Vintage Tone
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
http://www.scumbackspeakers.com
310-833-6632

stef

Post by stef » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:01 pm

I'm sorry to hear about this

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:59 pm

Many, many thanks!

There is no lack of adversity, I am hit with it constantly. Especially now, since we are scheduled for court next Tuesday, she will create chaos at every opportunity. I remain the steady, rational influence.

There is no more righteous cause in my World than to guide my children through these strenuous times with steady resolve and loving reinforcement.

As a public service announcement: please be aware of the traits of borderline personality disorder. For your own sake, and possibly the sake of young people who enter this World with a mentally ill parent.

george

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:03 am

Wow, this is a rough situation. Sounds like if you have kept detailed logs, and perhaps her medical history/care and Dx, you'll definitely get things completely sorted out in your (and your Kids)favor.

Really sucks what happened with the kids tonight. One more thing to add to the list.
Hang in there. 100% support from all of us here is an absolute no-brainer. :thumbsup:
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

AndyK

Post by AndyK » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:48 am

Good luck George!

Hopefully you can look back on this post in the future, with your kids under your care, and that woman GONE!

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:11 am

Good luck, Bro. The good guy will "win" in this situation. If you could call anything a win as nothing will change the fact that she's the kids Mom. I didn't catch the personality disorder part earlier. That's gonna be harder to get the court to do anything "right" as opposed to my situation a few years ago. You may recall my deal with my stepdaughter and dear old Dad smoking and selling weed and allowing his 13 yr old to smoke (cigs and weed! in his apt). For those who don't know the story, child services visited our home and his home. When the judge saw a pic of a NORML poster and asked if it was hanging in the apt that his daughter satys in when she visits he said yes then preceeded to lecture the judge on the need for legalizing pot! The judge I may agree with you but right now it is illegal and I uphold the law. Matter of fact why don't you go for a drug test immediately after this seesion and report back tomorrow for my review. He didn't, he didn't show the next day and the court ordered no visitation or contact(!) to be reviewed yearly! That didn;t sit well with my stepdaughter then but this weekend she is graduating Suma Cum Laude from UCI and going to Chapman for her Master's.

She is very thankful to her Mom now for refusing to allow her daughter to get dragged into that muck. So don't give up, George!!!
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

Velva

Post by Velva » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:41 pm

I don't know you but I can tell you a good man. I'm sending you energy to get through this. Be well.

cole

Post by cole » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:39 pm

George, I wish you the best in your endeavour to ensure that your own children get the best chance at a decent life with a parent that cares about them in every way.

I have been through the courts as well and have shared custody of my 10 year old son, since his mom walked out on the marriage when he was three.

Almost eight years later she is still dragging him from one man's house to another, and even last week was embarking on making yet another change.

I will be praying for you and the kids George.

God Bless.

Darryl Cole
Les Paul Classic, Les Paul Standard Faded, Fender American Strat
Jackson Custom Shop Strat s/n 1226
JMP 2203, JCM 800 2205, Metro JTM 45
Metropoulos '68 12 Series s/n 12026
Marshall 1960 A/B 4 X 12's

redgtr

Post by redgtr » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Stand up for your rights George! I went thru the same thing and got custody of my kid! Unfortunately you have to demand for action. I learned that when a man starts demanding his children be taking care of you'll start to get noticed. Try to find you a DFACS agent to be on your side. MAKE SURE YOUR PLACE IS BETTER THAN WHAT THEY'RE LIVING IN NOW. It boils down to where are they better off. You showing that you are consistently concerned for their welfare and are not going away says a lot. A lot of guys say they want custody because they're mad about something but when you keep it up they start to listen. My exe's attorney had me put in jail (for missing a hearing that they setup and was supposed to notify me of, which they didn't) for a week. Three days after I got out, I got my little girl. That Bitch now owes me thousands in child support. 8)