Celestion Speaker Packages

Replica amps built by George Metropoulos himself. Visit PlexiReplicas.com.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

BeatleBug72
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Celestion Speaker Packages

Post by BeatleBug72 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:39 am

Looking at these speaker packages to go with the Marshall Studio Vintage Head (20 Watts) I just purchased to go along with my Les Paul Standard with Alnico 2 PU's.

I was looking at two packages made by Celestion for my 4 X 12 1960 B Marshall Cab (The stock speakers I have in the cab now are terrible because they lack clarity (Celestial G12-T75's).

The first one is the Celestian Blues / Rock combo consisting of 2 Celestion G12M Greenback 12" Speakers and 2 Celestion G12H 30W Anniversary Vintage Guitar Speakers.

The other is the Celestion Modern Boutique 4x12 Speaker Set consisting of 2 Celestion Alnico Blue 12" Speakers and 2 Celestion G12H 30W Anniversary Vintage Speakers.
My questions are:

1. To get that clear grind of Jimmy Page, Slash, Steve Jones which set would you suggest?

2. The Boutique is about 400.00 more (I'm assuming because of the Alnico Blues) and the review said that the set is best suited for low-power Class-A tube amplifiers. Does the Marshall Studio Vintage Head have Class - A tubes? I've heard that the Alnicos are quite loud and articulate.

3. I've heard The Scumbacks and Webers, but preferred the Greenbacks. However, I am open to any suggestions.

Thank You,

BeatleBug72