Voltage Selector with Lighted Rocker

Discuss our latest amp kit.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Brad H
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Voltage Selector with Lighted Rocker

Post by Brad H » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:47 am

Anyone know how I should wire in a voltage selector with the lighted rocker switch? Here's what I did, just want to make sure the light isn't going to blow.

Voltage taps to the voltage selector switch, selector switch center terminal to the lighted rocker. I figured if I can wire a 220/240 tap directly to the lighted rocker, as shown in the instruction manual, then I should be able to wire the voltage selector this way...BUT, there's this birdie on my shoulder whispering doubt in my ear. Just want to make sure the light is not going to blow if I ever use 220/240. Thought about running the wire from the voltage selector 120 terminal to the lighted rocker, that way the light was always powered by 120 only...but with the 4 terminal lighted rocker, there's no terminal for just the light.

Any help is appreciated!!

Brad H

Re: Voltage Selector with Lighted Rocker

Post by Brad H » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:59 am

Okay, to be more specific, here's the current hookup.

PT primary common: rocker terminal 11 (bottom left)
Mains iec "N": rocker terminal 12 (top left copper)
Mains fuse: rocker terminal 25 (top right copper)
V selector center term: rocker terminal 24 (bottom right)

PT primary 120/220/240 voltage taps: corresponding terminals on V selector.

malyessarah7

Re: Voltage Selector with Lighted Rocker

Post by malyessarah7 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:46 am

Voltage taps to the voltage selector switch, selector switch center terminal to the lighted rocker.I figured if I can wire a 220/240 tap directly to the lighted rocker, as shown in the instruction manual, then I should be able to wire the voltage selector this way.BUT, there's this birdie on my shoulder whispering doubt in my ear.

Just want to make sure the light is not going to blow if I ever use 220/240. Thought about running the wire from the voltage selector 120 terminal to the lighted rocker, that way the light was always powered by 120 only...but with the 4 terminal lighted rocker, there's no terminal for just the light.