Dave interviews Ed and Al

The man, the band, and everything else

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

dirtycooter

Re: Dave interviews Ed and Al

Post by dirtycooter » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:02 pm

This is the stuff I do want to see more of for sure-a real inside look at the dynamic and the real history that was. No real silver spoons in Ed and Als past really, just hard work and talent. I can see where Dave is annoying though. He asks a question then stifles the answer and keeps talkin over the reply. I can see where it would get tiresome.
Dave, could I offer you hot cup of shutthef@#%up??? Its really tasty!

Still, its great to see this though. And plus one on them bein tired at their age after a long tour. Wolf will be ready and maybe Dave, but Ed and Al will be like lets just go home :lol:

wjamflan
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by wjamflan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:21 pm

cary chilton wrote:cool to see the old photos, Ed looks like viking warrior with goat, cool
I agree. The old photos were very cool to see. Even though we've heard alot of these stories before, it was still very nice to see. It'll be interesting to see part ii.

garbeaj
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by garbeaj » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:05 pm

I'm with you Cary and Bill...there were pictures that I don't think have ever been seen before, at least they were new to me. It serves to bring these guys down to human level...just guys. Hopefully they can keep their egos and demons in check and have a basis for some sort of friendship. It sure makes being in a band alot easier...

Isn't it funny that Al is turning into Leonard Nimoy:)

hammered

Post by hammered » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:13 pm

dirtycooter wrote:This is the stuff I do want to see more of for sure-a real inside look at the dynamic and the real history that was. No real silver spoons in Ed and Als past really, just hard work and talent. I can see where Dave is annoying though. He asks a question then stifles the answer and keeps talkin over the reply. I can see where it would get tiresome.
Dave, could I offer you hot cup of shutthef@#%up??? Its really tasty!

Still, its great to see this though. And plus one on them bein tired at their age after a long tour. Wolf will be ready and maybe Dave, but Ed and Al will be like lets just go home :lol:
LOL , for Dave that was pretty mellow

cary chilton

Post by cary chilton » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Nimoy lmao Suddenly pulls off the shades and says live long and prosper

I dont if I mentioned this, but before Dave got back into VH just after the EMT stint, heade a facbook account. Quickly ran aboht max friends all chicks so I started adding many of them onto mine. Lol

Anyway, I chatted with Diamond a few times, the re David Lee and he was cool. I told I was in Taiwan and following chats he remembered me from Taiwan, but he chatted less and less since he was busy chattin with the ladies. Longest of the 4-5 chats on facebook was about 35 minutes. At the time, I was fired up and told a bunch of m friends no one cared since David was an EmT, but now he is Diamond status again, fuckin cool rigbt? Last chat he said to me out of the blue since I tbought he was done chattin wih me was Rock Hard, Stay Wild and Strong just before he said he just woke up 11 am or so and was hung over! haha I remember I told rockstah on facebook, before he deleted outof the blue, despite me sticking up for his dumbass , but he didnt care. Nobody nelieved me, but I knew it was him. When Van Halen toured in 2007.-2008 Daves facebook vanisbed. I think he re-created it or created a fanpage and all the vintage photos are there, the same ones I saw on his old facebook ;)

cary chilton

Post by cary chilton » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:45 pm

For those who hate Tattoo, here is Dave explaining the lyric in a cool way I think
http://vimeo.com/35223620" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marshall SL12301
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Marshall SL12301 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Wow really cool interview after all these years!
What i really got from it was not only have the boys did some growin up but it reminded me of WHO i am dealing with as a guitarist. Ed is my main influence and always will be and i keep forgetting that he not only is aamazing on a axe but was a natural talent on the keys as well. Me i can only play drums and guitar and not very good at that! :lol:
R.I.P Mark Abrahamian, You will be remembered!