Mod 6 BARN BURNER evh stealth 4x12

The man, the band, and everything else

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

jnew
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Mod 6 BARN BURNER evh stealth 4x12

Post by jnew » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:56 am

Beyond the clipping in the recording technique, which seems to be getting better with each take BTW, :thumbsup: , I hear a lot of the splashy, crashy, ear fatigue thing going on in the PI. Too much gain I think, as well as too much saturation going on it the power section. The low end suffers tremendously under those circumstances and the high end is harsh.

Not to de-rail this thread but since you asked. I just got home from offshore and cut did this clip with the 50 watt amp. I've been wanting to re-take a clip with the 50 watt since modding the SM-57 to a more true, flat EQ curve. So this was just done and I I have it cranked and 100% completely dry. No post EQ, (which none of my clips have anyway) and no reverb or delay. Mic straight to track and loud in the mix so you can hear all the slop. LOL

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... D=13270290

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

echoplexi1974

Post by echoplexi1974 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:09 am

Jnew, can you record a clip w/ no backing track, just a barrage of VH riffs (not just one song)? I'm getting ear fatigue from Take your Whiskey...

BTW, there's not just one way to get the VH flavor in the sound. I think this Mod6 sounds pretty good. Keep following Mr. Farva's advice and you'll get it sounding better. :thumbsup:

jnew

Post by jnew » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:22 am

Yeah, I'll move on to another song or riff. I'm tired of that one too but when you A/B ing a lot of things (different amp's, mic mod's, trying effects, etc.) Apples to Apples is good. I'll post in another thread when I do because this thread should continue to help the OP. 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

topsportsmanta1

Post by topsportsmanta1 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:19 pm

Thanks guys for chiming in , yes this amp is evh all day thanks TERRY !!! I just cant get it to record correctly , I am gonna wait for my mbox n protools to come in , so I can go straight from mbox to computer , no more pa then cheap interface n then into computer thru junkie audacity, it really is making me so upset cause it kills in person but my recorded track sounds totally different, I really appreciate all of your guys help ,
mike