The man, the band, and everything else

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

lowit
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: 73 superlead ptp with variac

Post by lowit » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:00 am

efraser68 wrote:
lowit wrote:
efraser68 wrote:I have an non MV 12xxx and the way I handle it in a band scenario is to slave to a power amp. Then you run an EQ pedal in the line out of an attenuator (or a line out box) to the EQ pedal and kick the level up a bit and there's your solo boost. Not a perceived jump, but an actual level boost.
With your setup, are you using a variac as well and using the attenuator? Does the addition of the attenuator give you options such as an effects loop on an amplifier? I dont really use any effects but it would be nice with this amp if I could utilize some of my rack processors.
I'm not using an external variac live as the amp builder put in a "virtual" variac to drop down to 90v in the down position of the standby switch. And yes, the THD Hotplate has a line out so you can add effects to the signal chain. Reverb sounds great in the line out, but I prefer to have my analog delay pedal hit the front of the amp. But the main reason I slave to a power amp is for signal level boost on solos.

Got it. I may try this with one of my PA amps to see how it sounds. Just need a lineout box now. Thanks