Jump Solo Cover w/ Bray 4550 and Ash Strat

The man, the band, and everything else

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

Sean_McFly
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Jump Solo Cover w/ Bray 4550 and Ash Strat

Post by Sean_McFly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:28 pm

Hey guys! It's been a while since any updates, but here's my first of many to come. This is a cover of the Jump solo with my musikraft ash strat through my 4550 deluxe accompanied by some jamming after the original solo is done! Enjoy guys, and let me know if you want any details on the amp settings/mic placement

"Guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it"- Marty Mcfly

T.J.Fuller

Re: Jump Solo Cover w/ Bray 4550 and Ash Strat

Post by T.J.Fuller » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:00 am

well that was pretty fucking Phat !!!!

nice job ! especially on lead stuff after the fact. :thumbsup:

What is the white pick up ?
"In search of World Class Tone"
Clips - http://www.soundclick.com/tjfuller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/tjfullerproject" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sean_McFly

Post by Sean_McFly » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:43 pm

T.J.Fuller wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:00 am
well that was pretty fucking Phat !!!!

nice job ! especially on lead stuff after the fact. :thumbsup:

What is the white pick up ?
Thank you! Who knew that the synth lead after the solo was his famous A tapping lick transposed to C major? And to answer your question, the white/cream pickup is a Dimarzio Super Distortion hard mounted and angled.
"Guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it"- Marty Mcfly

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:05 pm

Sean...
That was great to listen to annnnd see...
Insanity-
:shred: :toast:
Keep on brother*

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:18 am

Best tone to date. And funnily...... With a Di Luigi Marzio Bros pickup :scratch:

That tone so good?
Makes me so hard the cat can't scratch it :rock:

Thanks for the post :toast:

So.... Hows the ceramic mag produce goodies compared to a A2mag pickup for you??
Vastly different pickups but tonally??

Sean_McFly

Post by Sean_McFly » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:18 am

Berlin wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:05 pm
Sean...
That was great to listen to annnnd see...
Insanity-
:shred: :toast:
Keep on brother*
Thanks man! Great to see you around the forums again! I've been getting even MORE unreal tones with the 4550 lately. I'm also wrapping up production on my band's first full length album and it's saturated with great, loud 4550 tones that are Brown with a modern punch! But now that things on that front are opening up a bit, I'll have time to post more VH clips now and then again :vh:
Last edited by Sean_McFly on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean_McFly

Post by Sean_McFly » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:25 am

dirtycooter wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:18 am
Best tone to date. And funnily...... With a Di Luigi Marzio Bros pickup :scratch:

That tone so good?
Makes me so hard the cat can't scratch it :rock:

Thanks for the post :toast:

So.... Hows the ceramic mag produce goodies compared to a A2mag pickup for you??
Vastly different pickups but tonally??
Thank you!! I was really surprised at where the upper mids sat in this clip and how Ed it ended up sounding. I've been experimenting in the Plus mode with the bright switch engaged and a bit of gain rolled off, so that gives me almost a Mod5 bite that works well with the ash musikraft and DSD. The next thing I have to try is bringing the mids down a bit to add squishiness to the response for a more VH I sound (I visited Dave Bray in October out at his desert shop and he had a 4550 with the mids at about 5.5 and it was ripping with the perfect balance of bite and sag, so I have to try it out). The ceramic magnet is remarkably clang-y but still keeps such a warmth about it. Overall, it's more vocal than an a2 on the pinch harmonics and chugs (which outside of VH stuff really works so well with the 4550). It reminds me of an a5 on steroids, and I put an a5 in my mahogany warmoth strat about two years ago and man does it feel great (a gibson 498t), so I think I've found a sweet spot with my axes :rock:

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:02 am

If you dig the super distortion and want somethin very similar as far as drive but a refined version of it with good clean up, normal looking pole pieces, and more mid push focus?
Seymour Duncan Custom.
I have the Super D in one guitar and the Custom in another. Super D is hard to control feedback wise actually horribly so, little splattery and unfocused, and mid scooped in comparison to the Custom.
If you get a chance and lookin for mids? Think you will dig it :wink:
I still have the email between me and mark where I mentioned the super D and randy rhoads using it getting similar marshall tones. After that is when he blew the roof off the place here.
Super D is nice, but the custom is nicer yet. Much more civilized.
Somethin about the hairiness and rudeness of the sizzle in the DSD still kicks ass though

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm

I'm late to the party as I almost never visit or post here anymore...but sounds great as usual Sean! And to piggyback on what cooter said...I've had great results with my '59/Custom Hybrid with the A2 magnet swapped instead of the stock A5. I use this pickup in my black Musikraft 5150 style guitar and in my '58 reissue Flying V.

The "Jump" solo is actually physically impossible to play exactly as it is played on the record since it is composed of different passes that end and begin at different places on the fingerboard, but you have given it a really good go! I love hearing your clips Sean!

mr.twistyneck
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by mr.twistyneck » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:32 pm

Hey Sean,
+1 on the post solo noodling - that's really good stuff!
thx,
mr.twistyneck