What a box o goodies!

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:19 pm

OnTheFritz wrote:Yeah, it's for 250 caps!! :D
Ah, cool...I just counted up the caps in the picture and went, "what the hell is this guy smoking???" :roll:

Now, how many of us will it take pooling money together to get these and divvy them up?? :lol:

Star*Guitar
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Star*Guitar » Thu May 11, 2006 7:43 am

I hate to say it...but something seems off here. Checking the text as Mark says...and comparing to other I have...it is too messy.

The other thing is...come on...that many mustards? Boxes of endless supplies? That is too good to be true.

Someone did say in a thread I read that there is a rumor that Phillips is still making batches of these somewhere.

In this case...I am suspecting fairly accurate looking counterfeits.
Star*Guitar

BashCoder

Post by BashCoder » Thu May 11, 2006 8:07 am

There are folks here on the Metro boards who have bought these from Amit in various quantities. In some countries I think it's perfectly plausible that surplus from military contractors could yield hundreds or thousands of parts like these, NOS. Large contractors can have warehouses full of surplus. I'm constantly amazed at what shows up on eBay and elsewhere from the surplus trade.

As to Phillips still making these, I doubt they would keep it a secret if they were. Tough to make money that way, you know?

Amit

Post by Amit » Fri May 26, 2006 2:09 pm

Hold your horses guys...
First of all those are my listings (Hendrixonline that's me)
I assure you these are NOS philips caps... as in very old... no hidden philips plant in my city as far as I know :lol:

Sorry Flames, I didn't think someone would be that picky and actually try and count caps in a picture with 250 caps! :shock: :lol: :?
Anyway the listing was for two hundred and fifty caps, not the 90 (?) in the pic.... that translates to $10 per cap. pretty good deal I would say.

Fritz (Ron, right?)
As I wrote you, 22000pF is 22nF is 0.022uF.
I've seen caps with all those capacitance writings.
And 3W is not 3Watt, its a part of the date code which is D3W.
D = fourth quarter of the year (as in A-B-C-D)
3 = year (either 53, 63 or 73. have no idea which one)
The last letter in the code is yet unknown.

Get an LCR meter and check them, if they don't test as 22nF, I will refund you $10 for every $1 you paid me. how's that for being honest?

Btw if you guys must know, for every cosmeticly good looking cap I can sell, I get one that is not presentable at all. that's 50% screen rate. my (old and grumpy) source for the caps doesn't care about that, as long as they test in spec he doesn't replace them... and sadly they ALL test good :cry: :roll: :P

Cheers,
Amit

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Fri May 26, 2006 4:21 pm

Thanks for the info Amit!!

Ron