What Pot Is In The PPIMV Kit?

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Hazy
Just the numbers in order: 7

What Pot Is In The PPIMV Kit?

Post by Hazy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:28 pm

Is it a "411A500K X2" as on the pot? I thought that it was two 1 meg pots on one shaft, not two 500K pots on one shaft.

Thanks,

Rick
Toolbox(es) Full of Tubes

rockstah

Re: What Pot Is In The PPIMV Kit?

Post by rockstah » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:31 pm

Hazy wrote:Is it a "411A500K X2" as on the pot? I thought that it was two 1 meg pots on one shaft, not two 500K pots on one shaft.

Thanks,

Rick
there are two version of the master volume used here i believe one using a dual 500k and one using a dual 1meg - of the two version i believe its the dual 500k that sounds better which is why its in the store. if memory serves me correctly. ;)
in other words which ever one George is selling i think its based on whats been found here to sounding the best.

Mark

Hazy

Post by Hazy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:37 pm

I thought that most had gone to the dual 1 meg because it gets the system closer to the 220k resistor values and felt that it sounded better. :? Feel free to help me out here.

Seems that the recent consensus was that the dual 1 meg was the better choice. Actually, on George's website store, the dual 1 meg is the part that's listed.

Thanks,
Rick

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:40 pm

Hazy wrote:I thought that most had gone to the dual 1 meg because it gets the system closer to the 220k resistor values and felt that it sounded better. :? Feel free to help me out here.

Seems that the recent consensus was that the dual 1 meg was the better choice. Actually, on George's website store, the dual 1 meg is the part that's listed.

Thanks,
Rick
well its been so long sense i messed with that MV but again what ever George is selling i do believe its based on the fact that many here have tried both and one of them sounds better. being the one he sells. perhaps he or others will chime in here. 8)

Hazy

Post by Hazy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:46 pm

Thanks...did you like the mod? I've heard a bunch of your stuff and it's killer. :wink:

Rick

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:57 pm

Hazy wrote:Thanks...did you like the mod? I've heard a bunch of your stuff and it's killer. :wink:

Rick
yeah - you would have to search my posts - i dont remember which pot i used :? - but most of my clips are the PPIMV maybe someone else remembers and will chime in.

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:12 pm

i just checked my notes. and most of metro build clips are using the alpha 500k dual pot. ;) ( the very first two i think are no master at all )

i havnet tried the 1M dual pot.

Mark

Hazy

Post by Hazy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:46 pm

rockstah wrote:i just checked my notes. and most of metro build clips are using the alpha 500k dual pot. ;) ( the very first two i think are no master at all )

i havnet tried the 1M dual pot.

Mark
Thanks, Mark.

I just finished installing the one that I got from George. Can't crank it until tomorrow AM...family sleeping. The anticipation is killing me. :shock:

Rick

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:48 pm

hey Rick,
youre welcome!

check this out - its a slightly different master that sounds way better. ;) http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?t=4390&start=60

Hazy

Post by Hazy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:00 pm

rockstah wrote:hey Rick,
youre welcome!

check this out - its a slightly different master that sounds way better. ;) http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?t=4390&start=60
I'm glad that it's totally reversible...useless is all I can think of. I'd rather use my pedal board. :? I'm talking about the PPIMV with the dual 500k pot. Am I missing something? Sounds like Cr%#%TYp. George, is dual 500k correct?

Mark, I might try that one...right now, chances are slim. Thanks.

Rick

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:36 pm

Hazy wrote:
rockstah wrote:hey Rick,
youre welcome!

I'm glad that it's totally reversible...useless is all I can think of. I'd rather use my pedal board. :? I'm talking about the PPIMV with the dual 500k pot. Am I missing something? Sounds like Cr%#%TYp. George, is dual 500k correct?

Mark, I might try that one...right now, chances are slim. Thanks.

Rick
thats why i suggested the one in the link - try that one man.