Message for us all from the VHT designer...

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

pongo316

Post by pongo316 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:30 am

Thats great , love the humour.

:D :D :D

charvel pointy head

Post by charvel pointy head » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:06 pm

well, it is funny actually. Though I am somewhat of a neophyte here, not wanting to stir the pot, I like VHT amps a great deal actually. I have a 50 CL w/ graphic eq and frankly it's the best tone I've heard in a high gain amp. I've owned 2 bogners (ubershall and XTC 101b (early one at that), SLO, mesa boogies (Never liked those) and for metal, VHT can not be beat. Very articulate, open amps, actually very hot rodded Marshall tone to my ears. I'm not getting rid of it anytime soon, that's for sure. Not trying to be a jerk, just wanted to defend what I thought are the only hi-gain amp worth owning in my opinion. That silkscreen is funny, if it's real .

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:40 pm

VelvetGeorge wrote:And for the record, I make no apologies for PTP boards. Nor does anyone I've ever known. Where does that come from???

George
Maybe he means people that say stuff like 'sorry, but PTP is better then PCB...blah...blah.'

I thought it was kind of funny. Not necessarily paranoid. He has to know the only people seeing the inside of this thing are techs and people online whove been posting pics of these things for years now. you know what happens. He's directed to a site where someone tells him his amps are pictured or he googles it. Then he reads the thread which people tend to flame it. Especially vintage amp officianados who many times seewm to take offense to multi channel monster amp/preamp builders.

tubetramp

Post by tubetramp » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:57 pm

a freind of mine i grew up with was the lead tech right below the boss at vht .i came in to pickup a wayward 69 superpa and took a long look at the vht menu and saw the start to finish production. does anyone remember the control on 5150 amps termed reasonance? well the poor fellow had that ripped off from the fine folks down in meridian . he was on a board discussing his new idea to oomph a power section.this pissed him off to no end and left a large and growly bear with a sign that sez dont poke under great risk .well me being the honest idiot i am ....probably from being knocked around so bad for ever lying about anything was asked what i thought of vhts ....before i could compose myself and give a diplomatic answer replied .too many knobes and sounds like a hiwatt with a hive of carpenter bees in the speakers somewhere.he glared at me as if i had got his wife and bank book.i defused the situation by declaring i hated all amps and most people too .as i departed 5 minutes later my freind mike looked at me and said boy your somethin ! he then informed me that it was pretty much the same thing he replied when asked.after that i noticed more knobs began to appear on vhts .who buys these amps ive never seen one in combat.? i do have a lot of respect for his knowledge which is great .cause when i pick up an iron .....a great moan goes up in many places .

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:44 pm

Lol. Hey he wanted an opinion. Tramp dont varnesh them. Thats been demoted to a venial sin these days. Replaced by sensitivity. Funny I know exactly what you mean by your description. This is a vintage amp forum after all. Also werent amplifiers using NFB controls in different ways to boost frequencies for quite a long time?