PTP Circuits are betetr than PCB

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Gerald

PTP Circuits are betetr than PCB

Post by Gerald » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:49 am

Ive heard all the crap good PCB can be better than PTP< but ya knbow what? The best PTP will always beat the crap outta the best PCB no matter what anyone says.

908ssp
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: PTP Circuits are betetr than PCB

Post by 908ssp » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:54 am

Does mommy know you're out of bed and playing on the computer?

Fido

Post by Fido » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Man, you guys are rich, I'll say! Thanx for the grins...
Fido Kennington
Exile On 12th Street
http://www.bullhonky.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:56 am

908ssp wrote:Does mommy know you're out of bed and playing on the computer?
Nice one! :lol:
Gerald wrote:Ive heard all the crap good PCB can be better than PTP< but ya knbow what? The best PTP will always beat the crap outta the best PCB no matter what anyone says.
That wasn't really saying a lot was it. :roll:

I'm sure many guys with fully piher/iskra/mustard loaded late '73's might disagree with that. And let's face it, if you're wiring from your 'best' PTP looks like a sparrow's nest with all the wrong wires running together, it sure won't sound as good at all. There are so many factors in getting the sound 'right' that the choice of board won't help polish a turd.

But assuming that everything else is as it should be, and that you're gonna installed hermetically sealed cryogenically frozen ultra virgin ultimate perfecto sonically superior components mounted on a board using gold-plated 100% free oxygen copper turrets, and material made from specially bonded yak's guam rolled together on the thigh's of a tibetan monks thigh, then left to dry for 47 years, whilst using pure silver solder - you could just be right.

For me PTP is about easily tweaking and modding, and the fact that it looks sexy. But a sweeping statement such as that is just pure bullshit.
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

mogo

Post by mogo » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:14 pm

Gerald wrote:Ive heard all the crap good PCB can be better than PTP< but ya knbow what? The best PTP will always beat the crap outta the best PCB no matter what anyone says.
LOL And this comes from PCB manufacturing experience?
Both methods can be great or crap. To say either one is better than the other is a slippery slope. What material Board, what oz copper? Did someone who knows audio design it? In reality a good PCB is far more repeatable than any hand wired amp.
Do you know what true Point to Point is? Not many amps are built that way since it can be very unforgiving and down right impossible except for the most simple of builds.
I enjoy working on a good double sided PCB with nomenclature.