Help needed with board install

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

pcw9966

Help needed with board install

Post by pcw9966 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:33 am

Well, I'm nearly finished installing my 100 watt plexi board in my reissue and have a couple of questions. Concerning the wire from the power transformer to the 27k resistor, I have 2 wires coming from the Dagnall PT leftover when I removed my old board, a single green wire from one side and a white wire coming from the group of wires on the other side. Do I connect the white wire and ground the green wire? Also I have a brown wire and a black wire from my pcb effects loop that I need to connect to the new board. Where do I connect these? As you can tell I'm pretty new to this so Thanks for any help you can give me!

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:09 am

Hi, you're right about the white and green wires- white to the 27k and green to ground.

I don't know the color orientation for the FX loop, can you take a pic? Or describe it more?

George
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:47 am

My schematic shows four wires going to the effects card PCB.
One (labelled W4, hopefully on the effects card right next to the wire it's labelled the same) goes from the treble pot to the effects card, your signal input. One labelled W3 (again, hoopefully the card has it labelled the same) goes from the card to the phase inverter input coupling cap, a .022uF cap.
The remaining two wires are power into the card from the looks of it. W1 comes off a 47K resistor being fed from the big filter cap cans. W2 will be a ground I presume; I can't see a specific spot on the schematic for where in particular it may ground to.
Since there are no color codes labelled on the schematic, but there is a drawing of the card to show where the connections are, W4 is at the corner of the card closest to the "level" and "bypass" buttons; W3 is right below it (more towards the center of the chassis.) W1 is on the edge of the card across from those buttons, and W2 is in the corner across from the jacks.
Hope I'm helping and not confusing the issue!! I also don't know if the 47K resistor that supplies power to the effects card was on the original PCB or came off the filter caps; if it was on the PCB and not accounted for in the kit you'll have to add it and insure that it doesn't short out anywhere.
I can try to e-mail the schematics of the amp and effects card if you need 'em.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:44 am

Thanks very much for the help! It's just what I needed. I should be able to finish up now.

Dax

Post by Dax » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:49 pm

Can you post some pictures of the guts of the amp. I'm curious to see a Superlead with an Effects Loop. Maybe post a PCB Pic and an after pic.

white room

Post by white room » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:59 pm

I'd like to see that too!

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:13 pm

No Pics??!!

jj jafar

Post by jj jafar » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:32 am

i also have a topic going on the effects card,but i plan on removing mine.im thinking i can just remove 3 of the wires and keep the one that is coming off the master volume.just feed the new board with this wire instead of feeding the effects card.this sound logical?the 47k resister and trace isnt on non reissue boards from what i can see.Jason