Metropoulus MetroPlex vs. Landry LS100 G3

All about the new Metropoulos plexi for the 21st Century.
tupacshakaur
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Metropoulus MetroPlex vs. Landry LS100 G3

Post by tupacshakaur » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:41 am

HI,
Any thoughts on these amps? Does anyone have both and able to compare?
I really love the MetroPlex butI do actually own a BE100 and I'm worried they are much too similar but there's something about the bark on the MP that keeps me coming back.

And I hear the Landry is very versatile and could get similar Plexi tones but I'm really not sure about. One thing is for sure, I like Landry's price point much better at $1K cheaper than the MP. :-)

Thanks for your opinions.
Thanks

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.phpt=169926
Recruitment Service Video

kdmay
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Metropoulus MetroPlex vs. Landry LS100 G3

Post by kdmay » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:36 pm

I'll preface my comment saying I don't own either the MP, BE or G3. But I do have a mates BE100 on loan at the moment, so I know the amp pretty well.

The BE100 and the MP will share the same DNA. Modded Marshall tones and importantly the character that a cathode follower will generate (sorry if this is too technical for you). Nice compression and warmth with some sag. The MP might have a little more upper mid bight than the BE, but I can't confirm having never played it.

The Landry from what I understand is a 3-4 gain stage plate fed design. Again, apologies for getting technical, but the voicing will be quite different to the BE/MP. Probably a faster attack with perhaps a little more clarity and less compression. The tone controls will probably have more of an effect then the BE/MP. I have heard the clips of the Landry and it definitely sounds like what I can see circuit wise.

If it was me and I was looking for something different, I would go the Landry or a Splawn will get you close also for a lot less money. The MP would be killer, no doubt, but it will be voiced and feel much more similar to the BE than the Landry will.

Hope this helps.

kdmay
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Metropoulus MetroPlex vs. Landry LS100 G3

Post by kdmay » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:45 am

kdmay wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:36 pm
Hope this helps.
Guess it wasn’t helpful then!! LOL