Need some advice on Metro-Plex purchase

All about the new Metropoulos plexi for the 21st Century.
Chris4189
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Need some advice on Metro-Plex purchase

Post by Chris4189 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm

All,

Having listened to and read many great things about this amp I’m looking to at purchasing one but I’m a little concerned that it may possess more features then I need. By that, I mean this: I play 70’s rock, mainly southern rock, Skynyrd, the Brothers and Marshall Tucker and I plug straight in. The only pedal I own is a phaser. So, I don’t think I’d ever use the modded modes to get the brown sound or 80’s metal sounds.

While I think this amp sounds amazing is it overkill for my needs? Do I just get a Rockitt Retro RR100 which I believe is a ‘69 circuit.

AJW

Re: Need some advice on Metro-Plex purchase

Post by AJW » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:28 pm

There's no shame in a basic plexi build if it is done well and that is all you want out of it.

I think the Metropoulos amp has a lot more established knowledge built in to getting just the right plexi tone. If you get more out of the bargain as far as versatility that is the bonus. Both of those things are why the Metro-Plex is a premium amplifier, and a dream realized for some.

Chris4189

Re: Need some advice on Metro-Plex purchase

Post by Chris4189 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:37 pm

I can definitely get behind that and understand what you are saying. I’d much rather have something true to form vs someone’s individualized take or likes on a circuit.