Slo 100 clone

Share your home builds, knock offs and ground up customs.
Am_I_Evil
Just the numbers in order: 7

Slo 100 clone

Post by Am_I_Evil » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi, this is my project, clone SLO100 :)

Aluminium chassis:

Making PCB board:

Omn

Re: Slo 100 clone

Post by Omn » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Will be following closely.
Keep them coming...
Thank you!
:thumbsup:

Thiez

Post by Thiez » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:13 am

Nice one. I've also planned to build an SLO. First i want to finish my marshall project, but meanwhile i'm bussy with filling up my pcb's for the SLO with parts i have in stock ;)

What transformers are you gonna use?

Am_I_Evil

Post by Am_I_Evil » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:24 am

It is a nice project :)
And Power amp almost finished... It's realy hard to get right capacitors for this one... I could get only F&T,I hope that they are good as Malory.

Last edited by Am_I_Evil on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omn

Post by Omn » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:13 pm

only F&T,I hope that they are good as Malory
Me too. The SLOClone from C3amps have them - at least mine... Never tried, never finished.

I only know F&T from HiFI and they are superb there!
Crossing my fingers for both of us.

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:15 pm

F&T's are fine.

Much better than that Sprague Atom...
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

Thiez

Post by Thiez » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:42 am

F+T is a fine piece of german engineering. Lot's of ampbuilders use them as a standard. Just as good as mallory i think.
Another good option is Vishay BC components. Those are the caps i'm gonna use in my SLO clone.

joey

Post by joey » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:20 pm

I wouldn't have bothered with axial period. I believe we provided a pcb negative over at sloclone for radials. Most modern radials will beat the pants of ant axial you will find. Soldano now uses radials as well for the Slo100

Am_I_Evil

Post by Am_I_Evil » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:47 am

Most of the parts:

Working on chassis(Aluminium 2mm):

Am_I_Evil

Post by Am_I_Evil » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:01 am

Does anyone suggest any tranformes for my build? I'm deciding between this two:

https://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/produ ... ormer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

http://www.inmadout.com/download/pdf/TASLO100.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thiez

Post by Thiez » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:01 am

The transformers you posted look like the same thing, only both there own brand printed on them.

I'm not sure where you're from, but if you order at Tubetown i can recommend you IG-transformers. It's a german "hobbyist" that is opsessed with transformers. Makes exact replicas of marshall and soldano transformers.

http://www.ig-transformatoren.com/catal ... ldano?c=43" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He recently anounced that he is gonna quit his transformerbuilds cause he coudn't deliver the orders he gets as "just a hobby". So probably its best to call or mail him before ordering when the transformers will be in stock. He will fabricate his last batch of transformers soon and then he willl stop.
I ordered this transformer for my soldano SLO clone build that is gonna be build in a few years probably :P But i received some VERRY good quality transformers. Also used his main transformer in my marshall project. Really heavy and good material is used. And the price is pretty good in comparison with Onetics or mercury or something.

Thiez

Post by Thiez » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Thiez wrote:F+T is a fine piece of german engineering. Lot's of ampbuilders use them as a standard. Just as good as mallory i think.
Another good option is Vishay BC components. Those are the caps i'm gonna use in my SLO clone.
joey wrote:I wouldn't have bothered with axial period. I believe we provided a pcb negative over at sloclone for radials. Most modern radials will beat the pants of ant axial you will find. Soldano now uses radials as well for the Slo100
I have a powersection board from the sloclone forums for radio caps. Now i wanted to use the Vishey BC components caps but they are 30mm diameter.... which woudn't fit the board cause 25mm is max.

Also Roederstein, tube amp doctor, old philips, F&T etc that i could find are all +30mm diameter. You know what brand of radials will fit the PCB Joey?

joey

Post by joey » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:37 pm

Thiez wrote:
Thiez wrote:F+T is a fine piece of german engineering. Lot's of ampbuilders use them as a standard. Just as good as mallory i think.
joey wrote:I wouldn't have bothered with axial period. I believe we provided a pcb negative over at sloclone for radials. Most modern radials will beat the pants of ant axial you will find. Soldano now uses radials as well for the Slo100
I have a powersection board from the sloclone forums for radio caps. Now i wanted to use the Vishey BC components caps but they are 30mm diameter.... which woudn't fit the board cause 25mm is max.

Also Roederstein, tube amp doctor, old philips, F&T etc that i could find are all +30mm diameter. You know what brand of radials will fit the PCB Joey?
Which one? the ones Smash sells?

Thiez

Post by Thiez » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:51 am

Sorry for the topic hijack...

Yes the on with optional elevated heater mod. For now i found two caps that will fit. Thats samwha and nichicon.
I dont like samwha, cause they have a lot of faillure in the samsung products. Nichicon is a bit split if i read the reviews on the internet. Some people say they are fine, some say they have quality probs.

I have same board as this one:

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:54 am

I find the better spec'd Nichicons to perform REALLY well, and test superbly. I can't speak for the longevity of them though, but I've not had one come back yet...
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!