Lucid Dreams Amps, and Frank Levi Designs

Share your home builds, knock offs and ground up customs.
rockdude1
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Lucid Dreams Amps, and Frank Levi Designs

Post by rockdude1 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:39 pm

Hi Everyone :). :rock: My name is Quentin, and I am starting a new Amp Company. I'm not sure if this is the right section for this topic, so I apologize if I posted in the wrong place :). To tell you a little about myself, I'm in my mid 30's, and I grew up during the 80's, and started playing guitar during the early 90's. I've been a long time fan of Marshall amps, and I got into learning how to mod amps because I don't believe in chopping some amps. Growing up like many during that time I was a huge fan, and still am of 80's rock. Back in 2013, I attempted to start an amp company that is dedicated to high gain tones from the 80's, I didn't make enough at the time to cover all the cost involved so I had to go back to another job. Now I've gotten everything together and hope to release some amps. :) I've been a fan of Doug Aldrich for many years. One tone I always chased was Doug's "Dangerous Attraction" tone during his days with a band called Lion. So I contacted a gentleman named Frank Levi whom was the man that modded one of the amps Doug used for that album which was a 1981 Slp reissue that had been owned by Warren Demartini. Frank is friend of mine, I'm proud to call him a friend, and he is an awesome person. So to get back to my company. I'm currently working on two amps. One I call the Insane Masane which is a Jose Arredondo inspired amp, and another I call the Wraith, which is inspired by the famous S.i.r. mods. I've been talking with Frank, and he may be interested in releasing an amp too. Me, and him were working on amp in 2013 I called the Dangerous Attraction. It was an amp Frank designed that was produced by Hiwatt, and called the Hiwatt 2000 model. Doug used a modded Hiwatt 2000 model with Bad Moon Rising. If Frank is interested I'd love to build his amps for him, and wanted to see if there is any interest in this amp. I'm posting a link to my Blog site where you can see pics of Doug's Hiwatt rig he used in Japan. Also pics of a Marshall Steve Clark used with Def Leppard that had an added boost. I know some people have tired of hearing about these Jose inspired amps, so I hope I don't add to the "sighs" given when people see anything that is Jose inspired. lol jk :) :vh: This is one of the few forums I've ever joined. So I've come here ready to get ripped into because I'm new, and unheard of. But with that said Frank I'm hoping is going to help me with design of one amp, and I've got one of the greatest amp Wizards ever to help me out. Frank I think gets bugged to death over the whole Afd amp deal. But people don't know is he worked, and modded lots of killer amps. I hope to have my prototypes finished soon. I have another job, and looking for a short term place, and sadly haven't had the time to sit down, and finish things. I then hope to have some clips too. I'm only building 11 of the Insane Masane, and 11 of the Wraith. In the current Economy I wasn't sure how well these amps would do so I'm starting only with building a few. I hope to have a very fair price point on them that is lower than most boutique amp prices as well. I wanted to come here, and introduce myself. Sorry I don't have anything else prepared to show you, or any clips as I don't own any recording gear currently. :( I hope in the coming months People will check out my site. I'm adding a store in the coming months too. Some of my other ideas have been making one off amps with tested nos components. For example a clone of Slashes UYI amp which Frank probably has the schematic for. Some of the parts for an amp like that would be hard to find I feel. I will have to see what the future holds for that idea. But I hope to have the prototypes complete by the end of March. :) Thanks for your time. :)

http://lucidamplification.com/