Modifying a Marshall clone has anyone else done this

Share your home builds, knock offs and ground up customs.
fixer2
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Modifying a Marshall clone has anyone else done this

Post by fixer2 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:58 am

Hi guys I am thinking about doing another amp build I have built a kit of a clone I built the Tube depot JTM 45 clone which was great it has some mods to it like I have on a switch as rectifier and the tube rectifier I have a few different feedback value on a switch also.But I wanting to now make another Marshall clone I like the 1987x plexi reissue but it needs a master volume and I also like a JCM 800 sound I heard on YouTube people cascade the pre amp on a 50 or a 100 water and tea like that so what should I do get a clone of a 1987 50 watt plexi put the master volume in it and put the cascade mod on it or do I add another tube using only half of a 12ax7 can the stock transformer handle a extra tube I would like to have it on a switch stock or cascade mode . I know Stew Max has a nice looking kit of a JCM 800 50 water which sounds really nice but it’s the mechanic in me of wanting to make a hot rod like I have on my cars now do a hot rod amp any thoughts or suggestions or story’s of yours would be great to hear