Tiny battery powered tube amp which sounds awesome

Share your home builds, knock offs and ground up customs.
Pat92
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Tiny battery powered tube amp which sounds awesome

Post by Pat92 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:37 am

Hello i wanted to build my first amp and begin with something tiny and simple.

i found a rare gem online a battery powered tube amp which sounds great designed by an old lady :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bAyDMQ7wq8

however i currently didn't learn enough to read a full schematic. Would anyone of you be kind enough to draw me a complete layout with each connection and component ?

Schematic :

https://www.hoofbags.me.uk/battery%20va ... mp%202.jpg

Does it need any transformer or choke ? if yes what should i take ?

commentary :

Battery Valve Guitar Amplifier. Presented here is an all valve battery powered guitar amplifier schematic. If a guitarist wishes to have a classic valve sound and desires it to be battery powered, the schematic here is apt. Output is only 0.2 watt, or 200mW, so isn’t very loud. It’s suggested that a high sensitivity speaker is used. Most of the components are inside a Vidor Lady Margaret Radio, or similar type, common in the 50s. They appear on eBay frequently at the time of writing, although it would be a shame to scrap a pristine example. One of these radios has the DL and DAF valve types but an additional DAF94/6 is needed. Three stages of amplification are required to effectively be driven from most electric guitars. It should also be stressed that a clean undistorted sound would only be possible through a low volume setting, but as valves are usually chosen for their distortion characteristics, it’s assumed the guitarist wants this. The battery is built by arranging 10 of the 9 volt smoke alarm batteries that at the time of writing are available for 50 pence each from £ Land. The LT battery can be any 1.5 volt AAA, AA, C or D cell, commonly available.