Rock of Ages

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

mightymike
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Rock of Ages

Post by mightymike » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Can't believe I'm going to admit it, because it was cheesy, but I liked it. It was nastalgic. This is the 2nd musical I like now. It started with Tenacious D and The Pick of Destiny. And OK I'll admit I liked Grease when it came out, but hey I was only 10 years old. If I start singing show tunes..... Shoot me....... Going to listen to the song "The Metal" to clear my head now. "You can't kill the metal. The metal will live on"

fillmore nyc
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Rock of Ages

Post by fillmore nyc » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:12 am

Tom Cruise...
:x / :? / :evil: / :roll: / :palm:

I CANNOT, and WILL NOT watch any movie with Tom Cruise. Theres just something about his acting method that turns me so off, that for me, he'll ruin any movie he's in.

The ONLY movie I've ever seen that was even remotely tolerable with him in it was "A Few Good Men", and I think thats only cause Demi Moore distracted me.
:lol:

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:41 am

I'm with ya there, my brudda. HATE Cruise (and the fact he's stumping for the current resident in the White House doesn't improve his status in my eyes either....)
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

SoloDallas

Post by SoloDallas » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:27 pm

I have not been liking Cruise for years now, that's a fact.

However - and I accept curses - I liked Cruise's versions of the songs better than their original counterparts. Production wise, singing, everything.
I never liked GnR, finally I bought a song of theirs, though sung by Cruise.

mightymike

Post by mightymike » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:34 am

Agree with you all on Cruise. Total duche bag agreed for the reasons stated above, but one movie he was really good in was the Firm with him a Gene Hackman. I was dragged to this movie after getting out of seeing it when it was a musical. I probably liked it because It was nice to see my GF's daughter like something other than GaGa and all the other crap out today ... Even if it was as cheesy 80's Hair Metal.

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Tenacious D and The Pick of Destiny was pure twisted genius... :lol: :twisted: :clap: :hairband:

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:28 pm

chrisom wrote:Tenacious D and The Pick of Destiny was pure twisted genius... :lol: :twisted: :clap: :hairband:

"Check out this lick, it's fucking tasty" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bM7QupBgmM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
12000 Metro Kit

mightymike

Post by mightymike » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:21 pm

I used to own the DVD, but that one and my American History X DVD turned up missing when I moved out of my ex's place last year. I ended up dloading the CD, and listen to it a lot. Three songs in particular. The Metal, Classico, and Beelzeboss. I really like the guitar tone, and drums in The Metal and Beelzeboss, and the Classical guitar medley in Classico is awesome. Listen to it all the time out my phone into auxiliary Jack in my Semi