Counterfeit guitars -DHgate.com-BEWARE

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Re: Counterfeit guitars -DHgate.com-BEWARE

Post by NY Chief » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:48 pm

The Gib, Fender and Martin guys all said if you can't tell the diff between a cheap chinese knock off and the real thing then does it really matter....
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

vanhalen5150
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by vanhalen5150 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:06 pm

NY Chief wrote:The Gib, Fender and Martin guys all said if you can't tell the diff between a cheap chinese knock off and the real thing then does it really matter....
I agree. I don't think anyone is buying these not knowing the difference though. Maybe the odd story. However the quality is getting much better as they realize there is a huge market for these. Everyone knows the difference between prim rib and meatloaf. It's really a money thing. If you can get something thats close in sound and looks, money becomes the defining catalyst for the non pro's and weekend players. People who sit around learning a few of their favourite songs in their spare time are not buying a $4000 LP. They could buy an Epiphone, but it doesn't say Gibson....the headstock shape is different. Gibsons failure to realize that eludes me as to why the one thing selling these knock offs is what they don't offer.
The Chinese are selling meatloaf. But the money value is the gravy. They are loading that loaf with a lot of gravy. Economic downturn, everybody eats the meatloaf. Penguins will win the next game.
12000 Metro Kit

axeman

Post by axeman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:53 am

Here's one I bought 6 months ago

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:27 pm

axeman wrote:Here's one I bought 6 months ago
Picture?