(RIP) Mark Abrahamian

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

voodoohill
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: (RIP) Mark Abrahamian

Post by voodoohill » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:21 pm

This is awful and terribly unfair.
thanx Mark for this amazing amp you modded for me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxTdCGhDtVs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
R.I.P.

whopperplate

Post by whopperplate » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Wow, talk about a rude awakening. Though I would know that face anywhere, as I spent many long days and hours researching and reading through the metro-amp forums reading the words of Mark, I still had to do a double take to be sure when I saw the news article. One bad ass player who taught me so much without ever speaking a word directly to myself. I thank him for all his love and positive contributions to one and all... respect and love! RIP
OdgeUK wrote:RIP Mark....

And people....if you have any pains, palpitations or other unusual sensations, don't ignore it, get yourself to the f***ing doctor and have it checked out.
No kidding, I have my own father and grandfather to remind myself. Take care of yourself people. I personally never would have expected a healthy looking guy like Mark would drop dead at that age.

Good info here:

http://www.cancertutor.com/Hypertension ... nsion.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Musicians are like a bowl of cereal
If they aren't Fruits or Nuts they're Flakes

sandrac44

Post by sandrac44 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:52 pm

I grew up with Mark in our very early childhood. I am still grief stricken as I just hung out with for a short while in July. Unfortunately, after the show in Nebraska Mark fell ill and was having chest pains and collapsed. It has been ruled a heart attack. RIP Mark! You left us too soon. But, you will always be with us.

redozzman

Post by redozzman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Hate to hear this terrible news! God Bless Mark and his family.

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Wow. What a terrible shock. Far too young to go.

Was only a few weeks back I was kicking myself for not getting any Henley Rewind festival tickets, where I'd planned to attempt a surprise meeting with Mark and make a nuisance of myself, but alas, tickets sold out early and it wasn't to be. Now I'm REALLY kicking myself.

Mark was a man of incredible passion, who was keen to learn quickly through his tireless tone quest, with the help of a few others. He was also gracious enough to pass on an awful lot of what he learnt when people were struggling, especially when asked directly for help, which due to his tasty playing and great chops happened quite often, at least, until he went into business, which let's face it, is fair play.

He was an incredible player, no doubt, but a very generous guy too, and I too am grateful that his passion directly kickstarted my ass into messing with my own amps.

Rest easy Mark, you will be sorely missed. :(
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

ericopp

Post by ericopp » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Sad news indeed.
Mark was always so fast to answer my plexi questions; he steered me into getting a 12000 instead of building a Trainwreck clone.
BTW, I assume everyone is familiar with his Trainwreck/Plexi amp: TW front end onto plexi power. I swear, I listened to those clips a hundred times.
I hope, somehow/somewhere, he knows that he became immortal thru inspiring schlubbs like me to fly the plexi flag loud and proud. My band, "Guilty as Charged", headlined last Friday playing our typical 80's crotch-rock and it felt so good (as always) playing one of my own Frankenstrat guitars straight into my 12000 with every knob on 10. :) You can hear some demo clips on my YouTube channel "plexiloud".

THANK YOU, MARK, FOR ALL YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS. Your passion for the plexi honestly changed my life!
"If I can't play my guitar through a Marshall I would rather not play my guitar at all." - Justin Hawkins - The Darkness

monkface

Post by monkface » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:17 pm

This is shocking and strange. I almost can't believe it. So unexpected. I really am stunned. I open up the forum on my phone, just a time killer, and I see RIP Mark! Are you freaking kidding me? Unreal.

Marshall SL12301

Re: (RIP) Mark Abrahmian

Post by Marshall SL12301 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:51 pm

rgorke wrote:Yeah, it is confirmed all over Mark's Facebook page.

Really makes me sick to my stomach. He always treated me with respect and as a friend.

RIP
Ralph love yer sig bro! :thumbsup: Thats is so true what jan said! dont mind me just tryin to move on :(
R.I.P Mark Abrahamian, You will be remembered!

tubez

Post by tubez » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:57 pm

It's been a long time since I've posted here but under the circumstance I feel its the courteous thing to do. I mainly hang out on TGP forum where I first heard the news yesterday in the late afternoon. When I saw the post I almost fell over. I am still in shock to hear this and though I never met or spoke to Mark personally I recall him replying a few times in my recent post on TGP about MrTwistyneck's recent clip. Mark was one of the few that agreed with me as to how close that clip sounded to Ed's tone. I bizarrely had a dream last night that I was talking with Mark in hall somewhere before he passed on. It literally happened right in front me. It was strange beyond strange. I guess I couldn't get it out of my mind before I went to sleep. In the end we can only hope his family and fiancee can find a way to move on. RIP my friend.

TJB

Post by TJB » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:05 pm

WOW! Just heard this news by radio on my drive home from camping in nothern Michigan. It was shocking to hear for sure and it just goes to show you that you just never know when your time is up. Life is short guys so if your having chest pains please get it checked out!
Thank you Mark for all your contributions and help to members and visitors on this forum! R.I.P. :palm:

garbeaj
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by garbeaj » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:27 pm

Mark really was very patient and kind to me as others have said. For whatever controversies, in my experiences with him talking on the phone and e-mails he was nothing but a gentleman. He made my Marshall sound better than it ever has and I'm grateful for his expertise and words of encouragement. He had great fingers and a great passion for music, guitars, amps and tone. R.I.P. Mark, and thanks for all your help....

blfrd

Post by blfrd » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:44 pm

This is truly shocking. I don't know what to say.

Mark took better care of himself than most people. He was in shape. He ate well.

How on earth... I don't get it.

A heart attack was the LAST thing I expected to happen....

Mark, you were truly a great guy and I'll miss ya. Wish I could've spoken to you more than I did.

You will be missed.
If there's no quiet, there can be no loud.

tubez

Post by tubez » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:15 pm

That's the thing, when it comes to health many times there is no rhyme or reason. I've been a type 1 diabetic for nearly four decades and technically I should be torn to pieces. I never took it seriously when I was younger and ran the blood sugar hell for decades. My blood workup these days shows I am in rather good health but diabetes is a monster disease and my life is severely threatened by it. In Marks case if indeed he took good care of himself it only makes it that much more bizarre. Supposedly he was having chest pains for some time. You just can blow that off. It's very possible had he acted as soon as the symptoms occurred he might still be with us.

popskull

Post by popskull » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Well he built a bad ass amp for me and answered all my crazy questions and seemed like a really good guy-I hope He is at rest now...Goodbye to a Tone Master

wired

Post by wired » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:56 pm

RIP Mark, Even though I never met you, I think we all felt a connection by the mutual love and passion for this thing called music. Really sad to hear this.