Flu Shots

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

ol foot
Just the numbers in order: 7

Flu Shots

Post by ol foot » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:26 am

I have never gotten a flu shot before and didn't this year either. BIG mistake. I can't remember the last time I had the flu. I don't know if it's my diet, genes whatever but I just never ever get sick. I've been down all week long and just now starting to feel a little better but I'm still running a low grade fever. Had to cancel Easter with the kids ( don't want the grand kids to catch it )

I just turned 58 in January and guess I'm not as resistant as I used to be. I know it takes a LOT longer to heal up when I hurt something. I slipped on the ice about 3 weeks ago and cracked a rib and that still is bothering me a little. I'm only thankful that the flu and the sneezes that came with it took this long to come along. The first time I sneezed after cracking my rib, I thought someone stabbed me in the side. Guess I'm gonna have to take way better care of myself.

And I will be getting a flu shot from now on.

fillmore nyc

Re: Flu Shots

Post by fillmore nyc » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:04 am

Sorry to hear about that, Footie.
You know, the old fear-story was that "my friend got the flu shot, and he got the flu a week later... Im TELLING you, its cause of the shot".

That might have been true at one time, cause they used to use dead flu germs to have your body create the antibodies for the flu, since your body was tricked into "thinking" it has the flu from the dead flu cells. BUT, if any of the flu cells were not completely dead, you COULD have gotten the flu from the shot.

My doctor (a close friend of mine) says that the flu shot used these days is synthetic. Its impossible to get a flu from it, cause it never was a "flu" in the first place.
Anyway, I ALWAYS get the shot, every year, religiously, and my wife doesnt (has nothing to do with her being a rock-hard headed Sicilian though... maybe :roll: ).

Well, she got the flu REAL bad this year. Her mom came up from Florida not feeling so well, and guess what?? They BOTH got to enjoy the flu together. I lived in the same house with them, the only precaution I took was to sleep in a different bedroom while they were sick.

I never got so much as a sniffle. As a side note, I DO take fist-fulls of vitamins every day, and I KNOW that it helps the immune system (along with virtually every other system in the body), but that, and the shot allowed me to skate thru this season unscathed, in spite of having 2 people in my immediate presence with a bad flu, and seemingly everyone at work getting it at one time or another.
Food for thought.

Hope you're feeling 100% soon, my brother!!
:D

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:26 am

CDC Admits Flu Vaccine's Ineffectiveness as Huge Influx of Flu ...
http://www.infowars.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; cdc-admits-flu-vaccines-ineffectiveness-as-huge-influx-of-flu-victims -fill-us-hospitals/ -
Jan 25, 2013 ... And because many of these people have already been vaccinated for the flu this season, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ...

Sweden Affirms Swine Flu Vaccine Narcolepsy Link...
http://www.infowars.com/sweden-affirms- ... epsy-link/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
2 days ago ... The swine flu vaccine Pandemrix has a direct link to causing narcolepsy, especially among the younger people who were vaccinated, a new ...

FDA Approves First GMO Flu Vaccine Containing Reprogrammed ...
http://www.infowars.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; fda-approves-first-gmo-flu-vaccine-containing-reprogrammed-insect-vir us/ -
Feb 8, 2013 ... A new vaccine for influenza has hit the market, and it is the first ever to contain genetically-modified (GM) proteins derived from insect cells.

piers-morgan-falls-ill-days-after-receiving-flu-vaccine - Infowars
http://www.infowars.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; piers-morgan-falls-ill-days-after-receiving-flu-vaccine/ - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Jan 24, 2013 ... Yoakam tells him, “Don't ever take a flu shot again,” referring to Morgan's recent public stunt in which he and Dr. Oz attempted to dispel the ...

Study Boosts Link Between Flu Vaccine, Sleep Disorder
http://www.infowars.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; study-boosts-link-between-flu-vaccine-sleep-disorder/ - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Feb 27, 2013 ... A study in England has strengthened evidence from Scandinavia that a vaccine used to prevent pandemic flu boosted the risk of sleep disorder ...

Healthcare Workers Fired for Failing to Get Flu Vaccinations -
http://www.infowars.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; healthcare-workers-fired-for-failing-to-get-flu-vaccinations/ - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Nov 24, 2012 ... A Cincinnati-based health system has reportedly fired 150 of its 10,800 employees because they would not get vaccinated against the flu.

7 YEAR OLD TAKES FLU SHOT. NOW SHE'S DEAD! | Planet Infowars
planet.infowars.com/ uncategorized/ 7-year-old-takes-flu-shot-now-shes-dead - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Feb 6, 2013 ... The subject article covers the death of a healthy 7 year old girl 4 days after she was given a flu shot. Of course the State Health Commissioner ...

Switzerland, Italy Ban Novartis Flu Vaccines...
http://www.infowars.com/switzerland-ita ... -vaccines/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Oct 25, 2012 ... Marta Falconi Wall Street Journal October 25, 2012. Switzerland's health regulator imposed an immediate ban on Novartis AG's flu vaccines ...

Dwight Yoakam Exposes Flu Shot Side Effects and 2nd Amendment ...
http://www.infowars.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; dwight-yoakam-exposes-flu-shot-side-effects-and-2nd-amendment-freedom / - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Jan 24, 2013 ... Dwight Yoakam is another in a long list of liberty-minded celebrities who are telling Piers Morgan and their ilk that the Second Amendment is ...

RECORD FLU SHOTS = RECORD FLU | Planet Infowars
planet.infowars.com/uncategorized/record-flu-shots-record-flu - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Jan 18, 2013 ... RECORD FLU SHOTS = RECORD FLU More and more those who directly control major corporations and indirectly control our government, ...

mightymike
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by mightymike » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:48 pm

I got the flu shot this year for the first time after so many of my friends accross the country had it bad.

ezs

Post by ezs » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Personally I think they are weakening the natural immune system. A sly way for some population control. Im 46 and have toughed out many flu's.

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by JimiJames » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:34 pm

That would be Penicillin, no?.
Less you take the the better your natural immune system in the long run.
Not to long ago Doc's were giving P-shots like candy. Warnings soon followed from the FDA.
The repercussions are you'll probably be sick worse, for longer...
In that shot, out of a hundred types, there's only 2 that are actually circulating, right ?
every year, though ? Last one I did at the V.A. was 3 years ago, and the last time before that was :what:

Are maybe Sicilian's more impervious to the every year thing, then. :lol:

Jerry G

Post by Jerry G » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:29 pm

God only knows what is in that shot they are giving you, mercury, heavy metals, cancer cells.

I would never get one, I just don't trust them. If you think they care for you, think again.

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:06 pm

Initially, Pasteur was correct when he noticed milkmaids who had been exposed to cowpox had some amount of immunity to the smallpox virus, and was able to make an innoculation for smallpox. This was real science and helpful to humanity. If smallpox made a comeback, I'd definitely try to hook up with a hot-lookin' milkmaid...

But my microbiology teacher told us that the immune response is not strong enough, so today's vaccines contain "adjuvants" which are foreign entities introduced into your body (they're put into the vaccines- made in China by today's pharmaceutical industrial complex) designed to cause a stronger immune reaction by your body (because they're not supposed to be there).

These adjuvants are the aspartame (feces of a lab-created ecoli, aka "Nutrasweet"), mercury (under the guise Thimerisol), weakened H1N1 virus, aluminum, aborted fetal tissue, pig's blood, antifreeze (propylene glycol). Witches brew. My teacher thought this was great science and recommended we see the propaganda film, "Contagion" where the world is saved from a killer pandemic by the WHO and CDC.

Check how many politicians are invested in big pharma, how they wish to force us to take the vaccines if they could, and how all the major advertising dollars in our news/entertainment media all comes from big pharma. When Revelation says "the entire world was deceived by their witchcraft..." the greek word used for witchcraft is "Pharmakeia"...

Jerry G

Post by Jerry G » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:28 pm

chrisom wrote:Initially, Pasteur was correct when he noticed milkmaids who had been exposed to cowpox had some amount of immunity to the smallpox virus, and was able to make an innoculation for smallpox. This was real science and helpful to humanity. If smallpox made a comeback, I'd definitely try to hook up with a hot-lookin' milkmaid...

But my microbiology teacher told us that the immune response is not strong enough, so today's vaccines contain "adjuvants" which are foreign entities introduced into your body (they're put into the vaccines- made in China by today's pharmaceutical industrial complex) designed to cause a stronger immune reaction by your body (because they're not supposed to be there).

These adjuvants are the aspartame (feces of a lab-created ecoli, aka "Nutrasweet"), mercury (under the guise Thimerisol), weakened H1N1 virus, aluminum, aborted fetal tissue, pig's blood, antifreeze (propylene glycol). Witches brew. My teacher thought this was great science and recommended we see the propaganda film, "Contagion" where the world is saved from a killer pandemic by the WHO and CDC.

Check how many politicians are invested in big pharma, how they wish to force us to take the vaccines if they could, and how all the major advertising dollars in our news/entertainment media all comes from big pharma. When Revelation says "the entire world was deceived by their witchcraft..." the greek word used for witchcraft is "Pharmakeia"...
Yes, unfortunately, science can be very helpful but the money behind it corrupts it.

Not to mention incompetence which seems to be on the rise.

I do not have a great educational background like you obviously do, but luckily I was blessed with an eye for bullshit.

People need to start paying attention.

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:04 pm

I do not have a great educational background, but luckily I was blessed with an eye for bullshit. People need to start paying attention.
Awesome- I love it. :clap: An eye for bullshit's really what's most important for us to have, 'cause there seems to be more and more BS all around us as time goes on... :thumbsup:

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies..."
Last edited by chrisom on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:40 pm

Really difficult line to tread this one...........

Many of us would be dead before the age of 10 if we had not been vaccinated against Diptheria, Typhoid, Tetanus, Smallpox and Polio. TB was virtually eliminated in the UK with a vaccination programme being an important part of the process. Questions about the Mumps, Measles and Rubella abound.

Flu vaccines are an educated guess as to what strains are going to be around this year. But remember that in 1918 Spanish flu affected 500million people and killed between 50 and 100million (compare that with WWI, WWII and Bubonic Plague added together) and it killed mainly otherwise fit young adults.

Have I had my flu jab this year - no, I am 48 and otherwise fit and well, most seasonal flu jabs are aimed at the very old, very young and those with cardio-respiratory disease and immune response problems. A lot of vaccines do have adjuvants to potentiate and accelerate the response so that a programme of gradual build up of maybe three shots over a year or so is not needed,these are often the bits that make you feel unwell or your arm hurt.

But if a virulent avian H1N1 or similar mutant H5N1 crops up and we have a proper vaccine I would take it. Tamiflu is not all it is cracked up to be IMO so I would not rely on that. Yes, for people who can make and develop this type of product quickly and effectively will make a lot of bucks and if it saves my family then I don't overly care and they deserve it!

The politicians big pharma conspiracy is not necessarily a conspiracy in the way you imply:

Dead people don't vote.
The survivors of a Pandemic that blame the politicians for not acting quickly in the right way - do not vote.
A successful widely applied drug can make millions but many, many fall by the wayside costing millions in R & D through the preliminary stages, Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3 trials are not cheap and a drug may fail at any of these steps before they get a licence. Then there is post licence monitoring and surveillance with a contingency for being sued if there are late or unforseen interactions etc.
If you have money you invest it smartly in businesses that are big and robust based on good governance, products and potential to make profits, that is why politicians will invest in them.

I am not an apologist for big Pharma, but I do precribe certain drugs (if they are safe and they work) I have no shares in drug firms but I am glad that high quality research (which is supervised and regulated) goes on and that new products are tested properly before you and I might have to use them.
Neil

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:32 pm

Very true Niel. I get the Flu shot every year not only for myself, but the fact that I deliver meds to patients at home that may have compromised immune systems due to Chemo or other factors. Only ill effects I've ever noticed was a slightly sore spot at the injection site for a day or so. Immunology is so highly misunderstood and misrepresented here in the States, and people of Faith here are a major driving force in spreading propaganda and ignorance.
I'll post a YouTube link by a virologist on this topic if the thread doesn't get deleted. Slippery slope indeed since I mentioned *Faith*.
And you're right, the Spanish Flu after WW1 killed more people Globally than died in the *Great War*.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:29 pm

The Spanish Flu broke out at a U.S. military base where recruits were routinely given multiple jabs stacked one on top of the other, some with attenuated or only partially-attenuated viruses which can mutate when combined. During the last swine flu scare, Baxter pharmaceutical, one of the drug firms contracted to produce the H1N1 vaccine, recently sent vaccines that contained the live avian flu virus to 18 countries.

Donald Rumsfeld for one is deeply vested in the company producing the swine flu vaccine recently and way back in the 1976 swine flu scare, as well as being invested in Tamiflu. Check for yourself. Don't take my or anyone else's word for it...

http://www.infowars.com/health-official ... or-safety/

ol foot

Post by ol foot » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:59 am

If it's on the internet , it must be true!

Jerry G

Post by Jerry G » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:20 am

OnTheFritz wrote:Very true Niel. I get the Flu shot every year not only for myself, but the fact that I deliver meds to patients at home that may have compromised immune systems due to Chemo or other factors. Only ill effects I've ever noticed was a slightly sore spot at the injection site for a day or so. Immunology is so highly misunderstood and misrepresented here in the States, and people of Faith here are a major driving force in spreading propaganda and ignorance.
I'll post a YouTube link by a virologist on this topic if the thread doesn't get deleted. Slippery slope indeed since I mentioned *Faith*.
And you're right, the Spanish Flu after WW1 killed more people Globally than died in the *Great War*.
Well at least in my case, faith is not what made me decide against a flu shot.

Let's put it this way, you go into a CVS (or wherever) to get an immunization of any kind. This person who you don't know says drink this, thank you, next. Would you do it?

For me it's more of a distrust of the whole procedure from incubating to application. And if it is not absolutely necessary and just precautionary, count me out.