What I got for Christmas

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

ol foot
Just the numbers in order: 7

What I got for Christmas

Post by ol foot » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:37 am

This arthritis is a bitch! Knee last year and now right shoulder. Hope everything else holds up for a few years anyway :)

axeman

Re: What I got for Christmas

Post by axeman » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Well. at least they didn't remove your shoulder. Now you have an excuse to buy a light weight guitar like a strat. Hahaha Feel better, get better.

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:43 pm

wow, it must have been painful ! will you play again ?
good luck and good wishes

ol foot

Post by ol foot » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:47 am

Actually the pain hasn't been that bad. Rehab is supposed to be 6 months to a year for full use again. I'm not to do anything for the first 4 weeks until it's started to knit somewhat. Already have more motion in certain directions than I did before surgery so I think it's going to go well.

I would suggest getting it fixed before it gets as bad as mine if anyone is putting it off. I had no cartilage left between ball and socket. The surgeon used the word horrific to describe the damage. He said it was way worse than he expected.

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:07 am

ol foot wrote:Actually the pain hasn't been that bad. Rehab is supposed to be 6 months to a year for full use again. I'm not to do anything for the first 4 weeks until it's started to knit somewhat. Already have more motion in certain directions than I did before surgery so I think it's going to go well.

I would suggest getting it fixed before it gets as bad as mine if anyone is putting it off. I had no cartilage left between ball and socket. The surgeon used the word horrific to describe the damage. He said it was way worse than he expected.
Was he wearing a red suit and a white woolen face mask?

Glad it all went well, you should be back playing fine when it has settled, I am sure you can get guitar playing defined as physiotherapy!
Just no Pete Townsend moves and afraid no more baseball. Under arm tennis might be good tho' later.
Neil