Slash's #34 and #36 Frank Levi Mods in one Amp

Info for maintaining and tweaking your amp to perfection.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

EddieLenz
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Slash's #34 and #36 Frank Levi Mods in one Amp

Post by EddieLenz » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:33 am

Hi everyone,

I know that the SIR #34 and #36 amps are a huge talking point in this forum, so I thought, I'm just gonna show you my own take on the mods. Tell me what you think about my amp.

It took me a long time, to figure out the best sounding #36 specs. #34 wasn't a problem, as there's a schematic of the original amp out there. For #36 it took a long time to try out all the different schematics, that I found and many more hours of tweaking it from there. I also had problems with the #34/#36 switch in the beginning, but after drawing it out on paper I figured it out. The second switch on the front is just for the 3rd stage cathode, as I couldn't decide whether I like it better with, or without a cap. I think, what I ended up with sounds really close to the originals and I love it.

awangotango
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Slash's #34 and #36 Frank Levi Mods in one Amp

Post by awangotango » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:53 pm

sounds good man. Not quite the slash tone. his is a bit more gritty with a touch lower mids like the jubilee (are you using V30 speakers?). but good regardless....sounds more like john sykes tone however....i think its a little too gainy....but maybe if you run vol on guitar at 8 or so it would clean up a bit better for rhythms. flat out it is good for leads as you have it now......can you post some pics of where you're at now with the circuit?