I just received a pre-owned Metroplex that's configured for US (120v) use. I'd like to use it in the UK (230v). As I understand two changes are necessary:
- Change the fuse from a 4A to a 3A. This seems straightforward enough
- Change one wire from the 120v tap to the 230v.
I opened up the amp and attached a pic of the power supply.
1) Am I correct to assume that the red wire that is connected to 120v terminal near the edge needs to be desoldered and connected to the 230v terminal near the edge, next to it?
2) Is it recommended to unscrew the power supply or am I better off using angled nose pliers to reposition the wire?
3) Is there any test I should do before turning it on?
All about the new Metropoulos plexi for the 21st Century.
1 post • Page 1 of 1