Jimi Hendrix' Gear and Mods at West Coast Organ and Amp

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

daveweyer
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Jimi Hendrix' Gear and Mods at West Coast Organ and Amp

Post by daveweyer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:26 am

Tek,
I got the beautiful little 3 transistor fuzz circuit boards. Thanks for your hard work on these. There is some irony in having these in the shop, their compactness and organization is so far beyond what the original kluge board looked like back at West Coast Organ and Amp that it makes me laugh. Cheers!

shakti
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by shakti » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:39 pm

I am still digging the 3 transistor WC fuzz that Tek built for me, and I apologize for not having found the time to put up a clip yet! Least I could do in return for yours and Tek's work, but there's just been too much on my table. Still haven't finished the pedal board it is going on either, but it's close.

Between the 6550s and subtle WC mods to the amp, the PPIMV and switchable cascade mod to the front end, and this fuzz, I have a setup which gives some killer late period Hendrix sounds. I want to put in a zero-loss FX loop to to finish it off, so I can add a little "Fillmore East-y" reverb. That should be the icing on the cake.
JTM45 RS OT, 1973 18W, JTM45/100, JTM50, JMP50 1986, JMP100 "West Coast", AC15, AC30, BF Super Reverb, Boogie Mk 1, Hiwatt CP103, DR103

Xplorer
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Xplorer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:39 pm

shakti wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:39 pm
I am still digging the 3 transistor WC fuzz that Tek built for me, and I apologize for not having found the time to put up a clip yet! Least I could do in return for yours and Tek's work, but there's just been too much on my table. Still haven't finished the pedal board it is going on either, but it's close.

Between the 6550s and subtle WC mods to the amp, the PPIMV and switchable cascade mod to the front end, and this fuzz, I have a setup which gives some killer late period Hendrix sounds. I want to put in a zero-loss FX loop to to finish it off, so I can add a little "Fillmore East-y" reverb. That should be the icing on the cake.
Can't wait ! Can't wait !! :)

i'm starting to desire a sustainiac system, that i could blend in with a pot, a push pull kind of fender pot, i don't know ... That could be sweet with endless notes, the fuzz, the WC amp. never tried a sustainiac. maybe it's just an active mini amp circuit that can be applied onto a non modded pickup ?
That would be my personal icing on the cake ;)

Which reverb gear will you target ?

Mr.Glenny

Post by Mr.Glenny » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:35 am

Hi Dave !!! I think that you are pleased to see this ...
(and certainly not only to you ...😁)
greetings

https://www.pinterest.it/pin/656821926879242677/

daveweyer

Post by daveweyer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Well yes I recognize that wah pedal, another of my "dirty tricks" from the past catches up with me. If the ghost of Vox ever finds me I may have to answer how I came to provide that pedal to Jimi six months before it became publicly available.

FloPoeKo

Post by FloPoeKo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:07 pm

daveweyer wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:36 pm
Well yes I recognize that wah pedal, another of my "dirty tricks" from the past catches up with me. If the ghost of Vox ever finds me I may have to answer how I came to provide that pedal to Jimi six months before it became publicly available.
Is this the woodstock wah that was sold at an auction a few years back? Cheers!

daveweyer

Post by daveweyer » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:59 am

I believe that's the one.